SAW Video seeks a full-time Operations Manager to join our established artist-run centre as we embark on an exciting period of transformation. In 2017, SAW Video will be opening a new facility as part of the Arts Court Redevelopment. As Operations Manager, you will play a key role in making the long-awaited expansion of SAW Video a reality.
As the administrator of the centre’s finances, you will work in concert with the Director and a part-time Bookkeeper to administer all finances for the organization. You will oversee members’ accounts, and assist with preparation of and reporting for grant applications. Operationally, you will be the key point of contact for SAW Video’s large and dynamic membership and the public at large and responsible for managing all aspects related to centre operations, including database management, IT, security, and facility booking. You will also manage SAW Video’s production fund applications; and assist with the coordination of volunteers and interns.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary range: $33,000 - $35,000 with health/dental benefits
The selected individual will have:
- Previous experience or training in arts administration and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector;
- Knowledge of the following software: Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of SUMAC software as asset;
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work and manage several tasks simultaneously;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Bilingualism would be a strong asset.
Deadline for applications: Friday, August 19th, 2016, 5pm.
Please submit by email as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents: - A letter of intent describing your skills and experience as they relate to this position. - Curriculum vitae or resumé - 3 references with names, positions and contact information
SAW Video Association
67 Nicholas St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7B9
Phone: (613) 238-7648 / Fax: (613) 238-4617
SAW Video is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.